Tariff, Terms and Conditions:
Given the current financial climate we are holding to our 2011 pricing.
- April-May £900/wk, June–Aug £1000/wk, Sept-Oct £900/wk, Christmas / New Year £1100/wk*
- Short breaks are possible (3 nights, though we do give up to 4 nights if available) and are charged at 50% of the weekly rate + £50 (we can offer £25 discount for low occupancy (5 guests or less) to reflect the lower associated housekeeping costs.
- Normal check in is Saturday 1600 onwards as soon as housekeeping complete & check out is 1200, but we can be flexible by arrangement.
- £100 booking fee is required if booking more than 6 weeks in advance. £250 combined booking & security deposit payable on booking if less than 6 weeks.
- Full rental amount (including any outstanding security deposit) is then payable 4 weeks before the start of rental period.
- The £250 security deposit will be refunded within 2 weeks of end of rental period assuming all in order. Any substantial damage or breakages and consequent costs arising would be deducted from the deposit, we would endeavour to mutually agree the amount charged. Please be assured minor wear and tear and occassional small things getting broken is expected and wouldn't result in us calling on the security deposit. Please note that the security deposit is doubled for Christmas and New Year lettings to encourage enough sobriety so that nothing gets damaged needlessly!
- In the case of cancellation we will refund the security portion of the deposit immediately and the £100 booking fee if we are able to re-let the week that was booked.
- Only persons named on the booking form (or subsequently declared) are entitled to stay in the accommodation.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- Fuel, towels & bed linen included.
- BT anytime phone package and 1Gb/month internet provided. Calls to mobiles / premium numbers / international and extreme use of internet eg. downloading lots of movies, are chargeable (BT charge £1/Gb) and may be deducted from security deposit, at cost at the owners discretion.
- No smoking anywhere inside the house and all smoking outside should make use of ashtrays to ensure no litter, smells or risk of fire.
- It is expected that guests will leave the house in a basically clean and tidy state so that the housekeepers have realistic time to prepare for the next guests.
- Please declare any accidental damage as soon as possible so we can arrange repairs / replacement for you if possible, and before the next guests arrive.
- The owners, or their agents, may enter the premises at a reasonable time of day for inspection purposes. Advance notice would be given, if possible.
- Your vehicles and their accessories and contents are left entirely at your own risk as are all personal belongings left in the property.
- As a general fire safety precaution we do not lock the windows in the house, all windows must therefore be closed any time the house is unoccupied.
Our bikes (2 adult bikes, 2 children's bikes, 2 tag-alongs and 2 bike seats for small children) are available for use, by arrangement, at your risk. Their condition will be dependent on the last visitors who use them. Please check you are happy that they are safe to use and the tyres are at the correct pressure to prevent punctures. A pump and puncture repair kit will be available. If you use them please let us know of any mishaps or damage. They are not new bikes but worth what they would cost to replace.
*notes for winter rental weeks:
- you should ensure you have a vehicle and tyres / chains that are appropriate for the conditions there may be. The "main" road is ploughed less often during non-school weeks.
- In a severe winter the housekeeper may not able to visit immediately before you arrive which would mean the house wouldn't have been absolutely freshly prepared, but from experience would be absolutely fine.
- You would be required, with instruction, to turn water on at arrival and then off when you leave at the end of the rental period.
- We hope to have a road clearing service in place, but cannot guarantee this so it may be necessary for vehicles to be parked down the drive and this would mean a walk up to the house.
You are welcome to view our winter photos page.